Role Description: Contingent Leader
Effective administration of an international event is the overarching objective of any Contingent Leader. The person trusted with this role must demonstrate personal leadership and be able to maximise the participation of ScoutsTT at international events.
There are two key deliverables for this role; (i) to assemble the contingent to give the participants an experience that is safe and affordable and (ii) showcasing Trinidad and Tobago and ScoutsTT during the event.
Contingent Management Team
International Commissioner, Coordinator for Contingent Management
- Cooperate with world, region, ScoutsTT and event Leadership at all times.
- Design Contingent Logo.
- Maintain adherence to the PO&R and coordinate the units of the contingent.
- Participate in Head of Contingent meetings or have a delegate attend.
- Review and effectively communicate deadlines and other important information from Bulletins to Participants, Staff and Parents.
- Encourage youth leadership to fulfil the duties of Unit Leaders.
- Accompany the Contingent to and from the event.
- Attend daily contingent leader meetings and communicate information to participants, or have a delegate attend.
- Be personally responsible for the overall health, safety and morale of the contingent.
- Ensure that the entire contingent adheres to the code of conduct of the event and ScoutsTT Youth Protection Policy.
- Receive reports from unit leaders at the end of each day while at the event.
- Must have experience representing ScoutsTT at an International event at Leadership.
- Must complete the NLC Training and Youth Protection modules prior to taking up the role.
Experience and Knowledge
- An understanding of Trinidad and Tobago culture and its history.
- An understanding of the History of Scouting in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Experience with building teams to execute tasks.
- Track record of managing multiple tasks with strong planning and organisation skills (Desirable).
- Professional managerial experience would be an asset.
- Attention to detail (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of relationship skills to ensure effective communication between the Contingent management team, Participants, Parents and the Event’s Organizing Committee (Essential)
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to build a team (Contingent Management Team and International Service Team)
- Ability manage teams to prepare
- Financial Plan
- Administration and Registration
- Service and Support plan
- Travel Plan
- Work independently of direct supervision
- Provide own administrative support
- Enthusiastic and able enthuse others (Essential)
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Responsive to the needs of others
- Be a self-starter able to prioritise needs and requests
- Able and willing to work frequent evenings and weekends
- Able and willing to travel (locally) extensively
- Comfortable with technology
- Flexible attitude in response to organisational change and development
- Acceptance of the ideals, values and principles of the Scout Movement and POR of the Association