Work involves the performance of office management functions; assisting in strategic project developments for the Association; undertaking follow-up activities as required and performing secretarial duties for managerial/professional and technical staff. The incumbent may also be required to perform a variety of complex clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties.
- Assists in the preparation of budgetary estimates by obtaining relevant financial and other data for inclusion.
- Prepares and/or guides the preparation of complex correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and other documents.
- Generates a wide variety of documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes, reports, spreadsheets utilising appropriate software.
- Reviewing and screening incoming correspondence, making preliminary assessment of its importance, handles some personally or forwarding to superior.
- Arranging for equipment/building repairs and maintenance.
- Develop business plans in consultation with other staff for possible generation of long-term incomes for the organisation.
- Liaison with private agencies, the government and other organisations to explore potential collaborations for raising funds for the organisation.
- Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organisation.
- Identifying donor opportunities, develop donor database, respond to donor tenders and call for proposals, develop grant proposals, write appeals, represent the organisation at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
- Prepares payroll
- MS Office proficiency
- Attention to detail and process oriented
- Knowledge of office management systems
- Effective communication skills – oral, written, and administrative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with administrative staff at the Association
- Problem solving
Education and Experience:
- Diploma/ Associate Degree in Management, Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties
Scout Association of Trinidad and Tobago
#1 St. Ann’s Road,
Port of Spain
Applicants are asked to send a covering letter and a CV to the above address or via e-mail to: [email protected]