8th Interamerican Leadership Training: Call for Applicants
Once again, ScoutsTT has been invited to offer two young adults a tremendous opportunity to learn about leadership and developing Messengers of Peace projects within Trinidad and Tobago and our Region.
The 8th Interamerican Leadership Training (ILT 8) will be held in Panama City, Panama, December 28, 2022 to January 3, 2022.
ILT is a week-long, intensive, interactive training course where attendees are expected to interact successfully within their teams and actively participate during the training modules.
Some topics will include:
- Values of Scouting
- Messenger of Peace Program / Designing a Messenger of Peace Project
- Effective Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stages of Team Development
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Consensus Building / Conflict Management
ScoutsTT is searching for two representatives that fit the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 and 25 years
- A registered member of ScoutsTT for at least 3 years
- Strong track record of involvement in service activities
- Have held youth leadership positions within scouting
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of MOP program will be an asset
Apply now to be a candidate by clicking here
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 28th September, 2022
Interviews for candidates will be held on Saturday 1st October, 2022
Benefits of ILT
The course will strengthen the Candidates as future contributors to ScoutsTT. Leadership skills learned and practiced, resources gathered, and networking opportunities during the training produce a life-changing experience for participating Scouts. Moreover, as ambassadors for their ScoutsTT, they will share their knowledge at home and promote collaboration of youth leaders within the Interamerican Region.